The easiest way for your customer to keep track of their payments is through receipts. With SumUp you can either send a receipt via SMS or email or print a physical version for your customer for free.
Sending receipts provides evidence of a transaction, reducing the chance of a chargeback for you. For more information, check out our guide to retrieval requests, chargebacks, and fraud notifications.
After a successful transaction, a screen will automatically pop up, prompting you to enter your customer’s email address and/or phone number. Add your chosen contact details, hit “Send Receipt” and that’s it: your customer will receive their receipt directly to their inbox.
Alternatively, when the green send receipts screen pops up, you can print the receipt or share it with another app (such as WhatsApp) using the share button in the top corner.
Contact information used to send receipts is not stored within the SumUp App for privacy reasons so it’s best to make a note of important information you may need later.
You can easily resend a receipt with the SumUp App at a later date. Just follow these simple steps:
- On the SumUp App, tap "Sales" at the bottom of the screen.
- Browse your Sales History and locate the transaction you would like to send a receipt for.
- Select the relevant transaction.
- Click on the 3 dots in the top corner of the transaction field and choose “Send receipt”.
- You can now enter an email address or phone number. Tap “Send receipt” and your customer will receive the receipt. You can also print your receipt via a cloud printer or share it by WhatsApp using the share symbol in the corner.
You can also provide your customers with printed receipts.
It's also possible to connect to Google Cloud Print-compatible printers via the SumUp App. Check out our step-by-step Cloud Print guide for more details.
We currently support the following printing devices:
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Bixolon SPP-R210iK/BEGE
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Bixolon SPP-R200lliK/BEGE
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Star Micronics SM-L200
Find out more about using printers with SumUp.