Sometimes people change their minds. So to help you out, here’s a handy guide on how to refund card payments online, via the SumUp App, or with your 3G Card Reader.
Provide refunds with SumUp
Refunds with SumUp are quick and easy, check out the following guides for details on how to get started:
- On your SumUp profile, select the "Home" tab from the left-hand panel.
- Click on “Sales”.
- Choose the transaction that you want to refund.
- To the right, some information about the transaction will pop up, including an option to refund in the bottom right corner. Click this to bring up the refund dialogue box.
- Here you’ll have the option to issue a full or partial refund by typing in the refund amount.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the refund by typing in your password. Then simply hit the “Confirm” button to finish the process.
Here’s a quick guide to refund any transaction in your SumUp App:
- Tap on "Sales" in the bottom menu bar of your SumUp App.
- Browse your sales history and choose the transaction you would like to refund.
- Click on the three dots in the right corner of the transaction field and choose “Refund transaction” to bring up the refund screen.
- Now you’ll have the opportunity to toggle between full and partial refunds with the button at the top of the screen. The toggle will be automatically set to “Full” so full refunds can be issued by simply hitting “Next”. If issuing a partial refund, tap “Partial”, type in the refund amount and hit “Next”.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your password as confirmation. Add it in and then tap “Refund transaction” to finish the process.
You can refund any transaction with your card reader. Here’s how:
- Use the arrows on your card reader to scroll to “Sales History” and select it with the green tick.
- Find and select the transaction that you want to issue a refund for.
- Scroll down to “Refund transaction” and select it.
- Select “Full refund” or “Partial refund”.
- Enter your password to confirm the refund.
Employees are not set up by default with permission to issue refunds. However, you can easily change employee profile permissions to enable this.
Refunds after payouts
It’s only possible to refund payments if you have a sufficient balance of outstanding payouts to cover the refund amount. In other words, if you pay out your full balance you will be unable to provide refunds until you receive more payments.
Kindly note that once a transaction has been paid out, you will be charged the transaction fee, given that a transaction has occurred.