Tipping gives your customers the opportunity to show their appreciation for a job well done. So, at SumUp, we want to make accepting tips with the SumUp Air, Solo, or 3G as easy as possible.
How to enable tipping
- On the SumUp App, select the profile icon in the top corner of the screen.
- Choose “Tipping”.
- Ensure the “Standard tipping” toggle is set to on position.
- On your 3G Reader, use the up and down arrows to open the menu.
- Select “Profile settings” followed by “Tipping”.
- Choose “On” to turn on tipping and then press the green tick to confirm.
- On your Solo, tap or drag down the arrow at the top of the screen.
- Select “Tipping”.
- Ensure the "Smart Tip" toggle is set to “On”.
Tipping can also be disabled later by following the above steps but then selecting “Off” on your card reader or moving the toggle to the off position in the app.
How to accept tips
With tipping enabled, the option to add a custom tip will automatically appear between the checkout and payment screens. If you enable Smart Tipping, customers will also be able to choose from dynamic tipping options based on your transaction amount.