Your SumUp Solo Card Reader needs either Wi-Fi or a mobile network connection to accept payments. Check out this guide to get connected and learn how to solve a few common connectivity issues.
How to connect to WiFi
- Tap or drag down the arrow at the top of your Solo’s screen and choose “Connections”.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi On/Off toggle is set to “On” and your Solo will scan for Wifi networks.
- Select the network you’d like to connect to and enter the Wi-Fi password.
- Tap “Done” to confirm and your Solo will connect to your chosen Wi-Fi network.
Connect by mobile network
Your Solo's integrated SIM comes with unlimited data and never needs to be topped up, so you can start accepting payments with your Solo even without a Wi-Fi connection.
SIM card issues
If you can’t connect to a mobile network or your connection is weak, try the following:
- Reset your Wi-Fi. Access the "Connections" screen then turn your Solo's Wi-Fi off and on again.
- Restart the device. Hold the power button for a couple of seconds until the option to shut down appears, then tap “Shut down”. Wait a few seconds and then power your device back on.
- Change your location. Open areas and near windows are often better for connection.